Getting Back to Your Happy Place
This week’s ‘Take Action Tuesday’ is a very personal one and the reason I am sharing my story is that some of you may have lost your ‘Happy Place’ too and may find this helpful. For the last 12 months I have noticed a shift in me personally. Here are some of my symptoms that you may relate to:
- Lost my spark
- Not smiling as much as I use to
- Grumpy and crabby for no reason
- Reactive instead of proactive
- No motivation or drive
- Living ground hog day every day
- Worst of all…..pretending everything was okay when clearly it was not.
Last week it came to a head and I realised something had to change and that something was ME. I had to get back to my ‘Happy Place’. Back to the simple things that make me smile.
Are you feeling a little lost?
Here’s what I am doing to get back to smiling again….
- Starting the day reading a positive book.
- Turning on happy music like the one above and having a dance.
- Going for a walk by the ocean to clear my head.
- Setting normal working hours instead of burning the candle at both ends.
- Negative Jar – yep every time I say something negative, which is an old habit, it is going to cost me a gold coin.
- Take an hour off at lunch to read a positive book [instead of working straight through]
- Taking my weekends off instead of working 7 days a week.
- Having more ‘me time’ instead of trying to be super woman.
- Smiling more and getting my sparkle back.
- Getting out of the house more to do fun and crazy things like I use to do.
- Spend more time with my family instead of working all the time.
I hope this video brings some laughter and sunshine into your day. When I did this with my family on the weekend it brought a lot of laughter and joy to my life. Something that had been missing for quite a while. When my son came up to me this morning and said “Mum, yesterday was the best day ever”. I knew that I had made the right decision to take a step back, smell the roses and find my personal Happy Place. I thought long and hard about the memories I wanted my child to grow up with. I knew if I wanted those memories to be happy ones then I needed to make a huge ‘SHIFT’ in all areas of my life. It is never too late to change for the better and that is what I will be focusing on personally for the rest of this year.
Take Action Steps
If you are feeling a bit ‘blah’ like I have been feeling perhaps doing some of these things will start your ‘Happy Shift’ too. Let’s do it together.
- Grab a‘Happy Shift’ diary
- Write down all the things that you are currently doing
- Then put a tick next to the ones that you LOVE doing and make you smile
- If there is not much on that list then create a new list of things you LOVE to do that make you smile
Look at the old list and see where you can get rid of something and replace it with something from your ‘Love To Do’ list. For example, instead of waking up and checking my emails first thing in the morning before breakfast I have replaced that with walking Duchess as soon as I get up down by the ocean power walking. I love walking by the ocean and for some reason I had stopped taking time out to do it.
This is a great place to start. If your current lifestyle is not serving your happiness, think of things that you can shift that will make you happier. You will be amazed, by shifting just one or two things, how quickly your happiness will return.
- Make sure to keep adding more ‘Happy Shifts’ into your day to day life and eventually it will become a positive habit.
- Choose one thing in each area of your life that you know you can improve on eg Health, Wealth, Relationship, Business, Personal Transformation.
- Remember to make a commitment to yourself and promise to change. It is a good idea to put strategies in place for when you may fall off the bandwagon to keep you on track. Eg An accountability buddy.
- Most importantly just have fun again because that is what we are here to do… live our lives filled with lots of love and laughter.
What have you stopped doing that use to make you smile? Make a mental note to put it back into your diary.
Have A Happy Day….see you next week 🙂
Check out my new book branding if you don’t already have the book [new covers for Marketing for SheExperts, Your Millionaire Attitude, How To Write A Book in 10 Super Easy Steps], Click on the image below to grab your copy on Amazon.