How To Use The New YouTube Card Feature
I would like to thank Wes Ward for sharing this strategy with me today. I have not been hanging out on YouTube for a while since focusing on Self-publishing the last couple of years but this new feature is awesome.
For those of you who have been using the Annotation feature in the past this new YouTube Card feature will be replacing the use of annotations going forward which will be fazed out slowly.
To really leverage this new feature you are going to want to attach your main website hub to your YouTube account. Once you have done this then you will be able to link your videos from YouTube Cards back to your website pages, posts, programs, products whatever you want your call to action to be.
The awesome thing is the new ‘card’ feature works both on YouTube as well as off of YouTube including on Facebook.
Watch video tutorial below to see how easy it is to set up.
Key things to be aware of when using YouTube Cards:
- Pictures must be .png
- 300 x 300 image size seems to work best
- You must link your website first before you can use this feature
- You have a maximum of 5 cards per video [don’t over do it]
- You can link to other videos if you do not have your website hooked up to your channel.
- I recommend updating your other videos that already have annotations as these will soon disappear
- Go and have a play it’s fun!
You can send people back to your book on your website from your trailer videos.
Not sure if you can redirect with Pretty Links back to your book on Amazon these are things I will have to test but there are many creative ways you can use videos to direct people back to your:
- Sales Pages
- Memberships or masterminds
If you have any questions or ideas of how you are going to use this new feature please leave them below.
If you have not started writing your book grab the Free Training below on how to map out your book strategy is 60 Mins or less!